The Lifelong Learning Center offers a variety of Health & Safety classes and certificate programs: Most programs require a current (within 12 months) Test of Adult Basic Education (TABE) with a minimum grade equivalency of 10.5 OR College transcripts with a minimum of 12 passing credits. All programs doing Clinicals in health care facilities have required applications that include a criminal background check and proof of immunizations. Applications are not accepted until complete. In addition to tuition, many programs have additional text book or testing fees. Please call for current schedules and pricing.
- Certified Nursing Assistant Program- Are you looking for a job in the medical field that is rewarding, provides flexibility, and could lead to a lifelong career? If so, consider a career as a Certified Nursing Assistant. Instruction is held in the classroom and off-site in a clinical setting in medical facilities in Missoula. The clinical portion of the program provides an opportunity to demonstrate skills learned in the classroom with residents and/or patients. This program includes healthcare CPR, requires current TABE test or 12 passing college credits, current immunization records, and an online completed background check. Approximate class costs are $600.00, this does not include exam costs and additional text. NEW_2018 CNA Student Application
- Phlebotomy Training Program– This program is designed to provide practical instruction in basic medical terminology and anatomy and proper techniques used in collecting and processing blood specimens. Students will practice blood collection techniques with a mannequin arm in the classroom setting prior to clinical hands-on collection with each other and patients. This program requires clinical training and includes Healthcare CPR certification. Application requirements include a current TABE test or 12 passing college credits, current immunization records and a completed online background check. Approximate class costs are $500.00 and additional text is required. New_2018 PHLEBOTOMY Student Applicaiton
- Chairside Dental Assistant-Are you interested in taking an important step toward a promising career in the dental field? This program includes Healthcare CPR certification. Successful completion of this program will prepare you for the State requirements for the Infection Control (ICE®) and Radiation Health and Safety (RHS®) exams, but these exams are not part of the program. Must have a current TABE or 12 college credits to enroll for this program. Approximate class costs are $500.00. This is an 80 hour course with additional text required. Application not required.
- Certified Outpatient Medical Coding– Are you considering how to improve your job opportunities in the medical field? Medical coders convert medical information into codes which are transmitted to insurance companies and other agencies. This training program provides the most current information related to medical coding and follows an approved curriculum to prepare individuals for the CPC certification exam. Some prerequisites are required including; Medical Terminology, Anatomy and Physiology and Medical Billing is recommended. Approximate class costs are $999 for classroom and $1499 for distance learning. Test & Exam fees not covered in cost of class. Application is required. Certified Word Coding Student Application PDF-Coding Application
- Medical Office Essentials-If you are considering a career in a medical office or hospital setting our combination of face-to-face and on-line classes can assist you in gaining required skills. The face-to-face class, Administrative Assistant Computer Essentials, you will learn how to effectively use your computer and operative system, file management, and Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, and Outlook 2013. This class is offered at The Lifelong Learning Center. In the on-line classes you will learn the fundamentals of medical terminology, human anatomy and physiology, and you can explore careers as an administrative medical assistant (billing), and medical coding. Follow this link for on-line class descriptions, pricing, and schedules. http://www.ed2go.com/learningcenter/
For more information about Allied Health and Safety classes and programs at The Lifelong Learning Center contact:
Lisa Rae Roper
Allied Health and Safety Coordinator,