We are hiring for a part time Workforce Computer Application Instructor/Technology Coordinator. Approximately 25 hours per week $25-$29 per hour. Eligible for prorated Health Insurance, Teachers Retirement System, Paid Leave.
NOTICE OF POSITION VACANCY
POSITION TITLE: Workforce Computer Application Instructor/Technology Coordinator
JOB GOAL: Using up-to-date and pedagogical skills to ensure active participation and learning by students, the instructor will provide appropriate training for students in technology applications. Provides technical assistance in maintaining computers and networks for MCPS Adult Education Division. Works with businesses to offer training and testing to deliver workforce training.
- Shares the objective and purpose of lessons with students and provides instruction that develops skills and comprehension related to the program/course objectives.
- Adjusts instructional techniques to the various levels of student ability.
- Uses instructional techniques that develop positive work habits, independent thinking, inquiry and analysis.
- Follows prescribed course scope and sequence, makes recommendations for curriculum improvement.
- Develops and uses appropriate supplemental materials.
- Facilitates student evaluation, which may include testing and evaluating skill level competencies of students.
- Submits attendance and related student records at the conclusion of each course/program.
- Performs computer maintenance, troubleshooting and repairing of hardware and software.
- Responds to technical assistance requests in a timely manner.
- Installs software and addresses hardware problems as directed by the Adult Education Supervisor.
- Works with businesses and professional organizations to identify workforce training needs.
- Develops courses or recruits’ instructors to instruct workforce training classes.
- Pearson Vue and/or HiSET testing administrator as well as an Identigo Identity Services agent providing TSA Precheck, Hazmat and TWIC fingerprinting and background checks- Approximately 15 hours per week
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS-to be addressed in cover letter
- Academic preparation in computer applications (teaching certificate not required)
- Related work experience using the specific applications.
- Content and teaching competence that engages the adult student and focuses on student learning.
- Experience and/or training with computer maintenance and troubleshooting.
- Experience working with a variety of business and professional organizations to identify training needs.
- Ability to communicate material in a clear and concise manner.
- Ability to work with students, colleagues, and supervisors in a collaborative and professional manner.
REPORTS TO: Adult Education Supervisor and Director
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Until filled
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- Compensation is $29 per instructional hour (approximately 800 hours per year) and $25 per non-instructional hour (approximately 450 hours per year).
- An average of 25 hours per week (more hours Sept-May and less in the summer).
- Eligible for prorated Health Insurance if scheduled for a minimum of 1248 hours/year (60% of a full time FTE)
- Sick, Vacation and Holiday Paid Leave
- TRS (Teacher’s Retirement System).
- Assignments made based on the needs of the program and may include daytime and evenings.
- Comprehensive resume including references
- Cover letter that addresses the 7 qualifications
- Copies of certifications
Submit to: email@example.com or
The Lifelong Learning Center
310 South Curtis, Missoula MT 59801
Missoula, MT 59801
MCPS IS AN EEO EMPLOYER