We are hiring for day time and evening computer/technology instructors! $29 per hour part time. Position description below
NOTICE OF POSITION VACANCY
POSITION TITLE: Technology/Computer Application Instructor
ASSIGNMENT: Using up-to-date and pedagogical skills to ensure active participation and learning by students, this instructor will provide appropriate training for students in computer courses in one or more of the following areas:
- Microsoft Windows
- Mac OSX and Mac Applications
- Microsoft Applications including: Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Publisher, Outlook,
- Adobe Applications including: InDesign, Illustrator, PhotoShop, Photoshop Elements
- Other miscellaneous courses including: Keyboarding, Internet, Digital Photography, HTML programming, Basic Networking, Introduction to Personal Computers
- Shares the objective and purpose of lessons with students and provides instruction which develops skills and comprehension related to the program/course objectives.
- Adjusts instructional techniques to the various levels of student ability.
- Uses instructional techniques which develop positive work habits, independent thinking, inquiry and analysis.
- Communicates material in a clear and concise manner.
- Assumes responsibility for hardware and software maintenance in assigned classroom(s).
- Follows prescribed course scope and sequence, makes recommendations for curriculum improvement.
- Develops and uses appropriate supplemental materials.
- Facilitates student evaluation which may include testing and evaluating skill level competencies of students.
- Submits attendance and related student records at the conclusion of each course/program.
- Academic preparation in computer applications.
- Related work experience using the specific applications.
- Content and teaching competence which engages the adult student and focuses on student learning
- Ability to work with students, colleagues, and supervisors in a collaborative and professional manner.
REPORTS TO: Adult Education Supervisor
Deadline June 25 at noon
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: Instructors are paid at the rate of $29 per instructional hour. Assignments are made based on the need of the program and availability of instructional staff.
APPLICATION PROCEDURES: Applicants will submit
- Comprehensive resume including references
- Cover letter that addresses the 4 qualifications
- Copies of certifications
Submit to: Monique Fortmann, Adult Education Director
The Lifelong Learning Center
310 South Curtis
Missoula, MT 59801
MCPS IS AN EEO EMPLOYER