POSITION TITLE: ESL Basic Skills Tutor
JOB GOAL: The ESL Basic Skills Tutor reports to the Adult and Continuing Education Director, working under the supervision of the ESL Instructor. Provides one-on-one and small group skill enhancement.
- Tutors individuals and small groups as directed by the ESL Instructor
- Works with ESL Instructor and students in setting individual goals
- Provides instruction which assists students in attaining their goals
- Evaluates and documents student achievement.
- Such other duties as requested by the Director.
- Experience in assessing limited English speaking adults for basic skills growth and goal achievement.
- Experience in working with multi-cultural adults in an educational setting.
- Possession of high level interpersonal and communication skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in education or closely related field required with emphasis in TSOL.
- Fluency in foreign language desired.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Grant-funded, short-term, instructional assignment. Compensation is at the rate of $14.5 per hour. Approximately 2 hours per week, scheduled Tuesday evenings at Council Groves Apartment’s Community Room.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION: 4:00 p.m. on Monday, March 11, 2019
APPLICATION PROCEDURES: Submit a comprehensive resume with references, transcripts and cover letter to:
Adult Education Director
Dickinson Lifelong Learning Center
310 South Curtis
Missoula, MT 59801
MCPS is an EEO employer.