We are Hiring!
Adult Education Coordinator (Frenchtown)
Under the direction of the Missoula County Public School’s Adult Education Director and in close collaboration with the Frenchtown District Superintendent, this position is responsible for researching, planning, and organizing classes and facilitating the Adult Education in the Frenchtown school area.
- Serves as a Liaison between the Frenchtown District School and community, adult education instructors and the MCPS Adult Education Division.
- Assesses the need locally for Adult Education class offerings and makes recommendations to the Adult Education Director.
- Identifies appropriate facilities for classes in Frenchtown facilities and works with Frenchtown staff to ensure the space is used in a cooperative manner by all.
- Communicates the facility needs to the appropriate Frenchtown Staff members.
- Ensures assigned rooms are available during the times and dates requested.
- Assists in problem-solving scheduling conflicts and adjusting for canceled and/or rescheduled classes.
- Maintains communication with Frenchtown and Adult Education staff to ensure all members have been informed of scheduling changes and/or issues.
- Keeps Frenchtown District employees informed about Adult Education classes in the facilities.
- Delivers Instructor packets at the first session of each class offered at Frenchtown District facilities.
- Sells text books and other supplies as the first session of classes offered at Frenchtown District facilities when necessary.
- Assists in recruiting instructors in the Frenchtown area for Adult Education classes.
- Assists potential instructors in completing class proposal forms.
- Understands the employment requirements for Adult Education instructors and assists new instructors in meeting those requirements.
- Serves as a resource to adult education instructors offering classes at Frenchtown District facilities including orienting, monitoring, evaluating, and providing guidance.
- Coordinates the mailing of Adult Education Information with other Frenchtown District distributions.
- Markets class offerings to the Frenchtown District community through the use of school newsletters, mailings, and other appropriate marketing means.
- Accepts registrations for Adult Education classes from the Frenchtown District community at special events and on as needed basis.
- Other related duties as requested.
- PREFERRED Experience in planning and marketing education programs
- PREFERRED Experience instructing adults.
- REQUIRED Demonstrated ability to perform excellent customer service.
- REQUIRED Familiarity with Frenchtown community and School District staff, policies, and procedures.
- REQUIRED Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
- REQUIRED High level of organizational skills.
- REQUIRED Proven ability to uphold District and program policies and a high-standard of confidentiality.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: Program Coordination is paid at the rate of $25 per hour a maximum of 145 hours per fiscal year. Hours are varied and will include an occasional evening and/or Saturday.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION: 4 pm on September 10, 2018
START DATE: Immediately
APPLICATION PROCEDURES: Submit a cover letter that addresses the 9 qualifications, comprehensive resume, transcripts and references to:
Monique Fortmann, Adult Education Director
The Lifelong Learning Center
310 South Curtis, Missoula, MT 59801
Missoula County Public School is an Equal Opportunity Employer