What is the Academic Success Program?Funded with Federal, State and local dollars, the Academic Success Program (ASP) helps students improve their reading, writing and math skills. Students enroll hoping to achieve one of four goals:
- Complete the High School Equivalency Test (HiSET)
- Succeed in college, training and apprenticeships
- Find and keep a job that works for you
- Explore careers that interest you
The Academic Success Program offers the following classes on an ongoing basis:
- Essentials of Mathematics Math instruction tailored to your individual needs. Whether you are returning to college, preparing to take the HiSET test or simply want to help your children with their math homework, we can help.
- College Prep Algebra This class begins with a review of important ideas from arithmetic and pre-algebra and then develops the essential ideas of algebra. Topics include rational numbers, integers, linear equations, polynomials, and rational expressions.
- Reading & Writing Essentials Improve your reading and writing skills for HiSET preparation, college, or workforce re-entry. Instruction may be individualized, small group, and/or computer-assisted. Reading instruction will include work in comprehension and vocabulary. Writing instruction will cover sentence structure, grammar, punctuation, spelling, practical writing, paragraph, and essay writing. Set a schedule that works for you! You can begin anytime.
- Writing for Business or College Refresh your writing skills in this class which will cover sentence structure, punctuation, grammar, and style. Students will receive instruction in writing and organizing everything from a paragraph to an essay. Prewriting, editing and rewriting will be emphasized.
- College Success Program This program is designed to help you learn strategies college students use to succeed AND reduce the time and money it costs to complete your program. The program is made available to Missoula College current and prospective students for free through a collaboration between Missoula College, Carl D. Perkins Funds, the Educational Opportunity Center and The Lifelong Learning center.
- Seeley Lake
- 4:00 - 5:30 pm on Mondays
- 10 - 11:30 am on Tuesdays